Monday, July 16, 2012

Behind the scene (fashion)

 DETAILS AND CUTTINGS

if you look from the side of the garment, the sewn triangles will look three-dimensional.
red blind hem stitch
intense sewing at five in the morning
-------------------------------------------------

SKETCH FROM THE MET
The armors that inspired me specifically is the Japanese armors for their repetitively precise sewing.  

------------------------------------------

SURGICAL GOWN
A group of doctors and nurses wearing surgical gown passed me when I was on my way to class in a usual weekday morning. That got me thinking about the gown and the fashion project we were working on. I took the hospital gown which is worn by sick people and transformed the simple, nothing fancy, and almost boring dress into something that no longer look like a dress a sick person would wear by overloading geometric shapes.
"Do I look fine now?"
meaning even if you are not feeling well, the pattern would still cover up the sickness. 
-------------------------------------------------



 
PAPER STUDIES
Before deciding what will go on the dress form, we were told to experiment with paper; folding, sewing, cutting,crumbling, or tearing. Cutting and sewing spoke to me most after experimenting for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment